Monday, March 13, 2017

Some Quickie Monday Vintage for the Mix

Aloha, everybody, 

I stopped by the card show to see what I can see, and I saw these...


I'd already collected these 1979 Topps All-Time Record Holders, but a couple needed upgrading.

The card this upgrade is replacing is still in very good shape, in case anybody out there wants it. 

Here's one I picked up for my World Series collection. Little did I know one of these was already coming my way courtesy Robert from $30 a Week Habit. 

Do you need this one, Matt? 



Here's one that's neither upgrade nor a double...



I need Games 1 and 3 to complete the 1970 WS subset. 

I just couldn't pass up this sweet 1955 Topps "Ripper"...


These dual-player cards from 1975 Topps are an easy and inexpensive way to grab Hall of Famers...


So I double-dipped...


Finally, a little something I picked up with my friend, Mark Hoyle in mind. Give a shout if you want this one. 


If not, 1961 Pumpsie will sit just fine in my binder...unless someone needs it? 

Aloha! 

6 comments:

  1. Nice Pumpsie! But I think the only flagship Topps Red Sox Mark still needs are 1952 high numbers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're right, Gav. I just couldn't pass up ol' Pumpsie.

      Delete
    2. Gavin is correct. I'd put it in your binder. One of the Shane's may need it.. at Shoebox legends or Off the Wall. Thanks for thinking of me

      Delete
    3. You heard it here first....How about it Shoebox Legends? Off the Wall?
      Are you interested? Anybody?

      Delete
  2. Great post. I wish the umps would go back to the uniform from the 1970 World Series Game #4 card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I like those old-time ump unis also.
      I think that ump is what really makes that photo pop.

      Delete