Sunday, June 25, 2017

You Can't Have Too Many Good Trades

Aloha, everybody, 

Dennis from Too Many Verlanders sent a fistful of cards to me a few weeks ago, and boy, it was a doozy. Let's not waste any time with blah-blahs and instead, get right down to checkin' out some righteous cardboard.

Leading off is my favorite Dodgers catcher...



Note Piazza wearing the Tim Crews death patch on his sleeve...

I tell ya, this package from Dennis was chock-a-block stuffed with shiny goodness from the heyday of shiny cards. Awesome.


Chan Ho Park. Upper Deck Black Diamond Numbered 1500

These cards are so shiny n' glossy that they register the opposite on my scanner. 

Here's an early Joc Pederson card notching him as a future member of the 500 HR Club. While I doubt that, Joc is definitely heating up right now, and I hope heading for a 20 HR season.



This guy is mashing pretty good right now also...



Here's one of my favorite home run hitters from the day...



I've got the swatch version of this moonshots card. Now they can sit side by side in the ol' binder. 

Dennis also included this beauty. A new relic card for my Green PC. This one is extra cool because it identifies the day he wore this jersey. It was Opening Day 2002 vs the Giants. This was back when I never missed Opening Day, so I was most likely at this game. 

A quick search tells me Green went 1 for 4 that day, with a single. Awesome card. 



How about some Opening Day pitchers? Starting with Kershaw....



This ones a little weird. Looks like Kersh was pulling noodles, but they snapped on him...



I'm becoming a big believer in Diamond Kings...



Before Kershaw ruled the mound at Chavez Ravine, there was Fernando...



Fernando Gypsy Queen mini, numbered to 199. Sweet! 


Before there was Fernando, Dodger Stadium's mound was graced by this man...




Here's the third baseman who got away...



Todd Hollandsworth was one of those ROYs who only lived up to his potential on cardboard. This card is a beautiful diamond finish in hand. 

Finally, a tribute card to a member of the legendary Infield that GCRL Jim named a blog after...


 Check out this card back. You just don't see that time with one team anymore...


Whew! That was a whole lotta cards. And there's a whole bunch more I didn't show. What a package. 

THANKS for the awesome cards, Dennis. These are gonna be fun to fit into the binders. 

Aloha! 




2 comments:

  1. a nice lot of cards from TMV! I'm getting the itch to trade soon so look for a package from me in mid-July! I owe you!

    ReplyDelete