Sunday, August 20, 2017

Mo From Bo

Aloha, everybody, 

Sorry I've been away for a few days too many. Just a few life things getting between me and my beloved blog. I'm happy to say I'm back now...so let's get back to checking out some more cards that came to me from that big feeder box I received from Bo. 

Leading things off today are some cards inspired by the old "Play Ball" set. This Bobby Doerr is slightly smaller than the others. I'm guessing because it's being true to the size of the originals. 



These cards are real beauties. I'm showing off a few that some of you out there might enjoy. 







Here's a World Series card reprint...

Bo sent a bunch of the "Legends of New York" set...



He also included a bunch from these very attractive 2001 Upper Deck Pinstripe Exclusives inserts...




How about this fistful of cards from the 2002 UD World Series Heroes set...



Those will mix in well with the small handful that I already had. The set is 180 cards strong, so I'm not close to completing it, but I've got a great starter set now, thanks to Bo. 

Here's what they look like individually. I dig the Americana design and World Series feeling...




A look at the backside...



Next time: Some Dodgers! 

Aloha! 

5 comments:

  1. These are awesome looking cards. Are those American flags metal insets or something??? They look really textured. Pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All the gold detailing (the flags, UD logo, name, gold lines) on the card is embossed foil stamping. It's got a textured feel. Very nice.

      Delete
  2. World Series Cards are on my radar too. I've picked up a few, having just enough now to make me want the set. How the Card Gods toy with me...

    ReplyDelete