Saturday, April 21, 2018

Blog Bat Around - All Autograph Team

Aloha, everybody, 

My buddy Zippy Zappy started a Blog Bat Around that consists of a team lineup that's made from autographs. It doesn't matter if the auto is on cardboard or any other memorabilia (like a signed Penguin lamp, for example), the only caveat is: the auto has to be in our possession. 

While it sounds like a fun idea, I thought for sure I didn't have enough autos to put together a nine-man lineup, including relief pitchers and PH/DHs. Once I got into my binders, I was surprised that I had just enough to field an auto-team alongside those you all are putting up. However, I did have to place one player out of position, and you'll see how that played out soon enough. 

Without further ado, I give you the ATBATT All-Auto All-Stars:

Batting leadoff, and playing second base: Maury Wills



Maury is third on this triple-autographed card I received through trade - the other two are Manny Mota and pitcher Claude Osteen. 

Batting second, and playing right field: Tony Gwynn. 



I got this Gwynn auto TTM. I originally had two, but traded one away. 

Batting third, and playing center field: The Duke of Flatbush



The Duke came to me through trade with mi hermano, JBF. 

Batting cleanup, the DH: Paul Molitor 



Molitor is a TTM auto. 

Batting fifth, in left field: The Straw (He's out of position, but I don't have any left fielder autos, and I figure Daryl can handle LF better than Gwynn) 



My only Strawberry auto came to me in trade. 

Batting sixth, and at third base: The Penguin



While I don't have an autographed lamp, this traded Cey will do. 

Batting seventh, the backstop: The Boomer



I got this Yeager auto (and another) in person at a local pizza place. The second auto I sent off to the guy with the Penguin lamp.

Batting eighth, and at shortstop: Alan Trammell




I got two Trammells TTM. One is traded away. 

Batting ninth, and at first base: Big Mo



Mo Vaughn is a TTM auto. Isn't this a great one? I dig the way Big Mo wrote his name on that monster arm. 

We'll close the starting nine with that awesome auto and save the pitching staff, PH, and also-rans for Part Two. Stay tuned. 

Aloha! 

11 comments:

  1. Nice, I didn't know you were in the TTM game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was long ago, back in the 90's. Haven't tried it since.

      Delete
  2. All these autograph posts floating around are making me think about some TTMs again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every now and then I think about jumping back in again myself.

      Delete
  3. Nice Mo Vaughn auto! And I like the Strawberry as well. Duke Snider has been in a few of these so far. I have a Snider auto (it's the baseball in my banner pic) but I'm not sure he'd crack my starting nine. Unless I moved him to catcher lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliments. The Duke wouldn't crack your starting nine? You're a tough manager! lol

      Delete
  4. Man, you got some great names TTM. Really impressive!

    ReplyDelete