Friday, April 3, 2015

Wallet Card Goes To The Lakers Game

Aloha, readers and trade partners,

Didja miss me? It's been a while since I've posted here. It's been so long, there are probably ten new bloggers who've never heard of me, and ten veteran bloggers who've already forgotten me. 

For my old friends, trade partners and past readers who wondered what happened to me, I've been away trying to get back on my feet financially. Those endeavors took me away from the time I used to devote to blogging here, but inside, I've been missing ATBATT and this wonderful card-lovin' community. 

With Opening Day around the corner, I reckon I should take a shot at resurrecting ATBATT and show some of the young whipper-snappers around here the way I roll as a blogger.

So, without further ado, let's get the first article of the new baseball season going. Who better to help me with that task, than good ol' Sandy Koufax (on wallet card). 

A couple of nights ago, my good buddy and Lakers blogger, Laker Dave, invited me out to my very first L.A. Lakers game. I don't mean my  first of the basketball season, but the first one in my life! Here's how the evening played out...



Here's Sandy and I on our way to my buddy's house. It's only 3 p.m., but the L.A. traffic is in full swing. 
 

On my way I passed this 1960's era car wash. Check out the space-age architecture. I figured this was a place Koufax would appreciate. 
 

At my buddy's pad, there was a Lakers cornucopia of jerseys for wallet card to swim in. I chose to wear Abdul Kareem-Jabbar's jersey. David wore Shaq's.


Here we are at the Lakers' home, Staples Center. That's wallet card and legendary announcer Chick Hearn. 
 


That's Kareem's statue. Sky hook, baby!
 


Your faithful blogger/journalist at work.  :) 

We've arrived early, and wallet card is thirsty. 
 

Here's wallet card trying to win a Lakers trinket. He won a lanyard. 
 

Move over, wallet card - I'll handle meeting the Laker Girls. 
 

The Wall of Lakers Champions and Championships. 
 
 Here's the view from our seats. We were literally on the last row with the wall behind us. Great view and a convenient "shelf" behind our seats to stow all of our gear. 



How about some Laker Girls? 
 

OK, just one more. 
 

The Lakers score! It was one of the few times, as they were losing by 25 points. 

As ol' Chick used to say, it was garbage time with the team down by so many points. Time to put this one down...way down...



 The city awaits, with more adventures ahead for Wallet card. 

Thanks for readin'. Aloha!

6 comments:

  1. Glad you're back -- I've missed see your updates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you back. Just in time for the season!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As Matt Dillon said at the end of Rumblefish:
      "You know a season aint a season without me!" LoL
      Email coming your way friend - later tonight or tomorrow.

      Delete