Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Cardmas Continues Walking Right On Down The Plank

Aloha, everybody,

So many packages of Cardmas cheer arrived at ATBATT HQ over the past couple of weeks that I find myself scrambling to ensure I cover them all here before the year's end. 

Up next is another package that shattered the winter calm with the excitement of awesome Cardmas cardboard inside. This one came from my longtime trading partner and good friend (from Bob Walk the Plank), good ol' Matt

It was a small package in terms of quantity, but boy it loomed large in quality. What to lead off with?


Let's go with a 2014 Topps High Tek (not cardboard, but acetate) Sandy Koufax, Spiral Brick insert, numbered 27/75. Sweet!
 

Looks like Topps cropped the photo from the front and gives us Koufax's face, which is all that remains as he is apparently being beamed up to pitch on another planet - Tatooine perhaps?

Let's follow that opening act with an autograph from another Dodgers legendary hurler...


While my Sutton collection holds a few swatches and even a bat slice, it is now well-rounded with its first Sutton autograph. Panini doesn't get to use logos, but nevertheless, this card rocks because of the Cooperstown Hall of Fame references. The black and white photo and classic framing are nice touches, and of course, the on-card autograph wraps everything up nicely. 

But Matt wasn't done yet. He slipped in one more awesome auto, from the Toy Cannon.
 

Man, this card is the shite! 

The venerable Night Owl featured a Jimmy Wynn Fleer Sports Illustrated card on one of his posts earlier in December. It was the first time I had ever seen that card, and I commented that I had to get my hands on one of those for my collection as well. 

I don't know if Matt saw that exchange and then made a point of seeking out this autographed version, or if the Cardsphere Force simply worked its magic to bring him to auspiciously choose that card for me. 

Either version makes for a great Cardmas miracle story that I highly appreciate. THANKS so much for the awesome card gifts, Matt. They're grrrrrrrrrr-eat!!! 

Aloha! 

4 comments:

  1. Excellent batch of cards. BWTP's packages make mine look like nothing in comparison.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't sell yourself short, ZZ. Everyone is cool in their own way :)

      Delete
  2. I think my desk threw up that Jimmy Wynn card. For the life of me I can't remember when I picked it up.

    Thanks for the kind words. Glad you enjoyed the cards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So it was Cardmas magic after all. A sweet finish to 2015.

      Delete