Thursday, May 25, 2017

Big Fun Prizes Arrive in Big Fun Boxes

Aloha, everybody, 

Are you playing in the game currently running over at Johnny's Trading Spot? Well, this post isn't about that. 

That game is riffing off the Big Fun Game that my good buddy, Wes, recently hosted on his blog, Willinghammer Rising. I was lucky enough to win a big fun box chock fulla baseball stuff. What a haul! 

In all my blogging days I've never received so many goodies in one shot. Today I'm showing off a small sampling of what was in this big fun box. 


Oh, there's a whooooole lotta fun stuff in here. I'm showing just a bit because Wes and John have now inspired me to riff off them and put together my own humble version of the games they hosted. A few items from this box will become prizes in my game, so I'm going to keep some things secret. 

Leading off is a 1981 Topps Giant Photo Card. I haven't opened this yet, so who's inside is still a mystery to me...


Wes included a bunch packs in the box. I'm looking forward to opening this one and sharing the cards with you all in a later post...


Here's a 1987 young Wally Joyner. It's my scan that's blurry. The image is clean...


I got a few of these rack packs. This one is 1990 DonRuss. The Cal Ripken card on the front would have made this a must buy if you spotted it back then...



Finally today, something Big Fun and a bit creepy...


Not because it's a Yankee, it's the puffed out head. Guidry's face and body are embossed so they rise above the surface of the card. It's kinda weird, and I'm not sure I want to see this staring at me from the corner of a dark room. 

That's just one of the fun and funky oddballs contained in the box. Don't forget about those 300 and 400 count boxes that are FULL of cards. I haven't even scratched the surface of the big fun awaiting my explorations. Stay tuned to see more of what's awaiting inside.  

Wes, THANKS, brother, for this ultra-cool prize. 

Aloha! 


23 comments:

  1. Those embossed 3-D cards were the coolest. You should check out the Fernando Valenzuela 3-D card from the year before -- it's just as scary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Couldn't find it in a search. Do you have a link ?

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks. Let me know if that Joyner interests you

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Yup. I'll be sharing the wealth with my friends. You included

      Delete
  4. I've never seen a giant card before, but I imagine them to be like postcards. Puffy cards are cool! Congrats on winning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never seen the giant cards either. Would be cool for an auto

      Delete
  5. Thanks for sharing, Very nice blog.

    How to generate PSN gift card codes

    ReplyDelete
  6. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don’t know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog, I will keep visiting this blog very often iTunes Gift card

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome article! It is in detail and well-formatted that I enjoyed reading. which helped me to get new information from your blog. I am sharing related topics which is most important for How to get Free Robux safe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. When the video on the Jumbotron cut to the president and his entourage — which included a number of GOP lawmakers — and the loudspeakers announced the Trumps, cheers abruptly turned into a torrent of boos and heckling from what sounded like a majority of the crowd. World Series 2019 Live Stream

    ReplyDelete
  9. national championship 2020 live stream Head coach Ed Orgeron's men won't be running through the Oklahoma Sooners team that was 64th in the nation in points allowed per game; they'll see the one that led the nation at 11.5.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super Bowl 2020 But San Francisco's defense is sure to make things tougher on Minnesota's offense,

    ReplyDelete
  11. your article is awesome always follow your blog and found most interesting topics I also start a blog on Top 10 Best Gift Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I genuinely enjoy reading on this internet site, it contains wonderful posts. “Don’t put too fine a point to your wit for fear it should get blunted.” by Miguel de Cervantes.
    in the internet world some topics are most relevent and followings are that topic.
    Free Robux
    How to get free Robux
    Get Free Robux
    FREE ROBUX ROBLOX
    Earn Free Robux - Redeem Instantly
    Free Robux - Earn
    Earn Free Robux
    free robux websites
    earn robux today
    free robux codes
    Free​ Roblox ​Robux

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is actually good to read the content of this blog. here is very general and the huge knowledgeable platform has been known by this blog. I, in reality, appreciate this blog to have such kind of educational knowledge.I am sharing related topic which is mostly important for How to Generate. If you have time you can check What are the uses of Credit Card Generator?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice post. Your writing skill is very different, i like your posts. I share important related topic. For more detail visit here
    visit here

    ReplyDelete
  15. i really likes your blog and You have shared the whole concept really well. and Very beautifully written,
    soulful read! thanks for sharing.click here Click Here Click Here

    ReplyDelete
  16. Please keep updating this blog, it's been too long. Great post! We adore this blog and This information is very good. I also have something for you. you can Check here

    ReplyDelete
  17. It contains wonderful and helpful posts. Keep up the good work !. Thank you for this wonderful Article! I also have a software which I frequently use for Protect files from damage and Compress and archive files you can check it on .
    Winrar

    ReplyDelete
  18. your article is awesome always follow your blog and found the most interesting topics I also start a blog on dolphin emulator

    ReplyDelete