Saturday, May 27, 2017

Let's See Some Vintage From the Card Show

Aloha, everybody, 

I wanted to go to the card show today...but alas...things didn't work out. So let's do the next best thing and check out some cards that I got on my last trip there. 

Everybody knows, I love my Dodgers, but this here's the greatest catcher ever...


Here's a new addition for my World Series subsets. I have Games 4, 5, and 6 from this set...


Fleer is a bit of a junk product, but they put together some great combo cards...

Now let's get really vintage...

Maybe fear struck out, but my card searching on that day didn't. Every collection of baseball's legends has gotta have this guy...


You better have one of his cards too...


Did I find any Dodgers? You betcha. Slightly miscut, but I'll take it. A bargain for a quarter in the overpriced LA card market...


More heroes from the Windy City...(all of these are available for trade remember)...


How about some Curt Flood? The Hall of Fame won't let him in...but my collection sure will...


You probably already have about five of this one, right, Mark? 
I love those stadium archways in the background. 


We'll finish off with a cool LA Angels card from 1961 Topps. 


I LOVE vintage! Aloha! 

4 comments:

  1. Vintage Rules. Only two my friend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha...of course. I see these Red Sox cards and think...he's got them all.

      Delete
  2. Apparently, that '64 Flood is kinda hard to find because some guy is trying to accumulate every single copy of it (and having a fair deal of success). Didn't know it until well after I'd acquired one for my collection from a 7/$5 box a few years back.

    http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/11411892/mysterious-curt-flood-card-collector-chases-1964-baseball-card

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What an interesting read. I was almost tempted to see what the guy would pay for mine, but it makes my card even more valuable to me. I do hope i see another one at the show. lol

      Delete