Sunday, May 18, 2014

There's Two Kinda Angels - Those In Heaven & Those Who Trade Cards





Hey everybody,

How about a quick Sunday night trade post?   Fellow blogger, trade partner and good guy Tom from The Angels, In Order sent a fistful of Dodger cards over to me recently.  There was some very nice cardboard in there.  

Leading off is the skipper...


Tommy doesn't care there's no logo on his uni.  Just look at him.  He's casually whistling "Take me out to the ballgame", because he knows we all know whom he's "root-root-rootin'" for. 


I'm not a big fan of DP-with-RISP-Kemp these days, but I'm a major fan of these refractory Chasing History Goldies....
 


How about a shot of the Bulldog in all his glory with a  Blue Heaven Dodger Stadium background...
 


RYUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU....
 
Insert Style!


I respectfully hold my nose for the next card...
 



Piazza here is making the same face I did while posting Mattingly's card.


Ryuuuuuu in an awesome blue framed commemorative.

Did somebody just say "Awesome"?  
 The Sweet Opening Day bunting and a blue 3D vibe make this card awesome-cubed and then some.  


And now a fantastic joint Ryu - Koufax card that I didn't even know I wanted till I pulled it out of the envelope! 

99.9% of cards featuring a Dodger pitcher with Koufax give us Kershaw.  This Ryu card has a great simple design and puts a welcome new spin on things...



Finally tonight, another brilliant Dodger pitcher awash in blue cardboard...
 

Grienke is tearing it up on the mound this season and has my vote for the Cy Young award so far. 

THANKS for the absolutely fantastic cards you sent my way, Tom.  I'll be sure to get some cool Angels cardboard out to you later this coming week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment