Thursday, October 15, 2015

This Is Why Baseball Is The Greatest Game Ever


Aloha everybody, 
 


We're less than one hour away from Game 5 of the Dodgers vs Mets, and I'm so excited, I'm gonna tap out a quick post just to bleed off some energy. 


Today is the 27th anniversary of Kirk Gibson's legendary World Series home run. What an awesome event it was for me as a Dodger fan. 

I was at home, watching the game alone, on TV. When Gibson hit that home run, I jumped up and just about bounced off the ceiling. 

Just about everyone has seen the iconic TV broadcast with Vin Scully or Jack Buck's calls, but I wonder how many of you have ever heard the late Don Drysdale's call for the radio? 

It's just as powerful, and you don't have to be a Dodger fan to feel the electricity that was running through Chavez Ravine that night. 


Go ahead, give a listen and you'll hear why nothing can match the drama that is baseball...


Aloha and Go Dodgers! 
 




4 comments:

  1. Cricket is better.

    *Runs for the hills*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *Looks up from sobbing after Dodgers loss*
      LoL :)

      Delete
  2. Sorry about the loss. Who would have thought leaving third base unmanned and Daniel Murphy turning into Reggie Jackson would be the deciding factor. The future is bright for the Dodgers. You guys have so many great young players.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For a minute there, I thought we were going to face you guys in the playoffs.
      You're right about a lot of great young players coming up. I already can't wait for 2016!

      Delete