Thursday, January 24, 2019

Vinyl Review: Solo LPs from Mick Taylor and Dave Edmunds

Aloha, everybody, 

Let's take a jump back and review some vintage albums from new wave/rock guitarist, Dave Edmunds and ex-Rolling Stones axeman, Mick Taylor. 

Taylor's guitar play opposite Keith Richards produced some of my all-time favorite Stones albums. I love the spacey blues with a Santana vibe that he brought.
Here's a look at the solo album he released three years after leaving the band. 

Do you remember "Crawling from the Wreckage (and into a brand new caaarrrrr."? There's a lot more than that to enjoy in Dave Edmunds' solo effort. 

Aloha! 




4 comments:

  1. Crawling from the wreckage is one of my favorite Edmunds tunes. Taylor is an awesome slide player. Checkout his first concert with the Stones. It’s on YouTube. Concert in Hyde Park

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good call on that Hyde Park concert! I forgot to mention Taylor's slide play in my review.

      Delete
  2. Dave Edmunds might be the first guitarist I ever dug. Good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised at how well his album holds up over the years.

      Delete