Friday, February 12, 2016

Deciding What to Collect - AND Trade Bait

Aloha, everybody, 

Since the beginning of the year I've been thinking about the reasoning behind my collection and the meaning of this blog.

One of the beautiful things about our cardboard community is that we hold a rich variety of collecting philosophies. Some of us want every card ever produced for one team, or one player. Some of us focus on autographs and limited edition, high end product, while others chase rookies and pre-rookies.

The last time I blogged about this, I referred to myself as a shotgun collector, with fairly open interests. Since then I've made the decision that 2016 will be the year I work on collecting vintage Dodger team sets - from 1957 until 1980.

 Certainly I understand it's impossible to complete that task in a year, or perhaps over a lifetime of collecting. But we all know, it aint about completing the task, it's about the juice we get from the chase. 

That's where you all come in. I'm humbly asking that you consider my wantlists for these team sets (updated last week) whenever we trade. A few of the checklists are impossibly long, but I'm close to completing a few. With a little help, I should be able to close those out this year, while chipping away at the others.


Of course I'm still happy to receive cards from the other scattershot angles to my collecting, but I'm hoping some of you out there have some older cards that fit these new needs. 


I've got extras of a (small) few of these cards, so I'm hoping that might serve a need or two for you vintage set collectors out there. 


That said, here's some trade bait that's looking for new homes (with more to come over the next few days)...


 2001 Upper Deck Hall of Famers Robin Yount bat relic. These had a hobby pull ratio of 1:24.


1968 Topps Killebrew. 

And a wildcard throw in...



Who loves Pac-Man? 

Aloha!





6 comments:

  1. Good luck on you newfound quest! If I come across anything of the sort, I'll be sure to keep you in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's like you're baiting me to want to trade for that Robin Yount relic, especially since I can probably fill a bunch of your late 1970s/early 1980s needs...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SH -- shoot me your address again so that I can obliterate some of your want lists. I've got some of needs from 1978, a few 1979, most 1980, most 1982, most 1983, most 1984 and some 1981 Fleer, and a couple extra cards you might need too.

      But, I do want that Yount Relic!!!

      Delete
    2. Obliterate sounds like the right word, Tony.
      Email (and your new Yount) comin' at ya!

      Delete
  3. The chase is the great part of collecting

    ReplyDelete