Saturday, March 2, 2013

G-reat C-ards R-each L-A. I'm a L-ucky C-ollector

Hey Everybody,

Whew, that was a tough title to construct!  As you can see, I worked in the initials from the two bloggers who most recently sent some great cards my way. 

Super-blogger - not just Super Dodger Blogger, but Super Overall blogger, Jim, from the Super Dodger blog, Garvey, Cey, Russell, Lopes (GCRL) recently sent a package to me full of Dodgers goodness.  Just out of the Dodger Blue, he sent a set of the 2013 Topps Dodgers to me.  WOW ! How cool is that?  Well, if you're a Dodger fan, or just a fan o' the cardboard, you certainly know how cool that is.

 Just to make an already generous action even MORE AWESOME, Jim added some cardboard cherries on top. Check it out....

Man, I can't have me enough Dodgers vintage.  Awesome!

I'm really glad to see other bloggers starting to talk about chasing vintage because vintage cards really are what I love the most.  New or re-newed interest in older cardboard is great news for me because I'll enjoy checking it out on everyone's blogs and I anticipate we'll increase it in our trades across the board.

My first card of ol' 3-Dog.  Thanks, Jim.  :)


Only the best pinch hitter there ever was.  Or ever will be


Perranoski went on to become a member of Tommy Lasorda's Dodger Coach Mafia.

'Rube' Walker was a Brooklyn Dodger who transferred over to L.A.  N.Y. fans might remember him as a pitching coach for the Mets. 

Great cards.  I also jumped on a vintage trade offer from A.J., The Lost Collector , who is quickly becoming someone I trade often with.  A.J. posted up some vintage for trade, and I took this bait...

 I remember Campy from my first days of watching baseball.  He was a steady player for the A's, and I considered him to be one of their star players.  Catching this card was one of those examples of a hunka cardboard that reminds me of being very young and watching baseball on TV, without a worry in the world.


Keeping the streak of receiving 2013 Topps Dodgers alive, A.J. added this cool Matt Kemp insert.
Once again, a card I didn't have, brought to me by the generosity of my fellow bloggers.

THANKS, Jim and A.J., for all the great new cards.

Next post: Loot from the Great Baseball Card Giveaway of 2012. 

3 comments: